Donations are not required but always appreciated. Any donations will help support the continued development of the game.
Welcome to the Movement and Combat demo for That Abysmal Place.
The purpose of this demo is to garner feedback on the controls and overall feel of the game mechanics. Your feedback is valuable and will help us make That Abysmal Place the best experience possible. Comments can be left on the Itch page or in our Discord – we will provide a link at the end of the demo.
Note that this is an early pre-alpha build, as such you may encounter bugs or optimisation issues.
Despite being a demo, this trial is not for the faint-hearted or weak-willed. You will be forced to experience unpleasant scenarios and encounter uncomfortable things. Your playthrough may differ from other players.
We recommend playing with the lights down and the volume up.
- WASD/Left Thumbstick – Move/swim
- Space/A Button/RMB – Jump
- Ctrl/Right Thumbstick Button – Crouch
- Shift/Left Thumbstick (lightly) – Walk
- F/B Button – Interact/Pick up item
- Mouse Wheel/Left and Right Shoulder Buttons – Scroll through inventory
- 1 to 7 – Select an inventory slot directly
- G/Y Button – Highlight inventory slot (for moving, examining, or dropping item)
- LMB/X Button – Attack
- Q and E/Left and Right Triggers – Dodge
- Large framerate drops may cause issues with the rope physics or other unexpected behaviour.
- Player is sometimes incorrectly positioned on the rope.
- Shambler animation sometimes fails to trigger, causing them to slide along the floor instead of walking.
- Player sprite sometimes doesn’t rotate correctly when letting go of the rope, causing them to run “backwards”.
- Sword sprite sometimes appears incorrectly rotated when it is picked up or when player lets go of the rope.
- Various other animation glitches.
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: Core i3
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible GPU
- Storage: 200 MB available space
Link Source: Click Here