How to Download QR Codes (Using the Nintendo App)
You can use the real-world Nintendo Switch Online App to import old custom designs from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, and anywhere you can find on the web!
- Open the Nintendo Switch app > ACNH (aka NookLink) > Select Custom Designs to scan QR codes of custom designs and patterns created in New Leaf or Happy Home Designer.
- Scan and download/save them via NookLink.
- In Animal Crossing: New Horizons open the Custom Designs app and press the (+) to actually download the design. You can select and override an existing or empty slot! The choice is yours.
- Once it’s downloaded you can Wear it (Top, Face Paint), Display it (Mannequin, Painting, Canvas, Hanger, Tile Mat), or Spread in Room (Wall, Floor). If you downloaded a Pro Design you’ll have other options.
How to Make Your Own QR Codes
You can make your own QR codes by uploading real images using sites like ACPatterns.com. This site is fan-made and not supported or approved of by Nintendo. For that reason, use it at your own risk and we recommend not uploading personal information.
If using ACPatterns.com
- Select editor
- Select convert
- Select the image.
- Select convert.
- Finally, select generate code. Other tools are available for further customization.
For instance here’s a design shared by reddit user [as_a_dutch_guy_i_needed_some_dutch_art_in_my_home shaden209]. It’s unclear whether they made this themself and shared it or used a generator like the one above.
QR Codes vs Creator Codes and Design IDs
Link Source: Click Here