Mycorrhiza is a love letter to horror manga in the form of a visualnovel. Some of our biggest inspirations include the works of Junji Ito and Masaaki Nakayama.
While the protagonist is trying to find a way back home, reality distorts and people’s morals start shifting in cruel and unexpected ways. A strange plant transforming animals, a strange comedy trend and a strange building trapping people. Each of the three arcs explores different terrors.
The game features a manga aesthetic (with CGs drawn by a manga artist), as well as a higher focus on dynamic audio.
Join us on our adventure into despair.
In the demo you’ll be able to explore what lurks behind the first door. Doors two and three will follow over the course of development.
Please share your opinion on the game with us! You can participate in our quick survey (https://forms.gle/3fEECYGWdGKpjjy99) or leave a comment below.
You can also follow us on Twitter (@Mycorrhiza) if you’d like to be kept up to date on the game’s progress and chat with us about horror manga!
This game was made by:
- Game Design, Writing, Audio – Tim Reichert
- Editing – Sam Carpenter
- Proofreading, Editing – Tristan “Wolf” Barber
- Programming – AlfredPros
- Kinetic Text Tags – Daniel Westfall
- Art Direction Assistance – Tekijaki
- Monster CGs – Black Wing Bin Lan 黑翼冰嵐
- Title Screen Art – missyozart
- Sprites – Tokudaya
- Testers – bleep, Deepest Lore, Kevin Gems
- Backgrounds (Unsplash) – Liv Cashman, Jean-Philippe Delberghe, Susan Q Yin, Call Me Fred, Michael Chambers, Cole Parrant, Karla Alexander, Jonathan Borba, Bannon Morrissy, Francesca Tosolini, Nick Hillier, Nguyen Dang Hoang Nhu, Greg Panagiotoglou, Nathan Anderson
- CGs (Unsplash) – Chris Benson, Prophsee Journals, Matt Artz, Crew
Link Source: Click Here