Data transferred is moved one user at a time, so you are able to choose which User Account you wish to remove from the source Switch, and transfer its contents to another console that does not have the User Account.
If you’re just moving data from one SD Card to another, check: how to transfer data between Nintendo Switch microSD cards.
Before starting the transfer, you must make sure you have met the following precautions:
- Both Nintendo Switch Consoles (The Source Console with the Account and the Target Console you wish to transfer to) must have the 4.0.0 Update, be connected to the internet, and be plugged into a power source.
- A Nintendo Account must be linked to the User Account you wish to transfer on the Source Console, and the Target Console cannot have that same Nintendo Account active.
- The Target Console cannot have more than 7 users at the time of the transfer – you will have to have 6 or fewer.
- The Target Console requires sufficient free space on the target console’s internal memory to receive the data that is being transferred – if the Account has a lot of data attached, be sure to have an SD card on hand.
- On the Console with the User Account you wish to transfer, select the System Settings and drop down to Users and then look for Transfer Your User and Save Data.
- Select Next twice, and then select Source Console if this is the console you want to transfer from.
- Ensure that the console is both plugged into a power source, and has internet active, and move to the Target Console.
- On the Console you are moving the User Account to, select System Settings and drop down to Users and then look for Transfer Your User and Save Data.
- Select Next twice, and then select Target Console if this is the console you wish to transfer to.
- Ensure that the console is also plugged in to a power source and connected to the internet, and then select Sign In and choose to sign in using your Nintendo Account e-mail address or your Sign-in ID.
- Enter your credentials and password and then select Sign in, and then Next, and move to the Source Console again.
- Once the Target Console has been signed into, it will begin searching for the Source Console. Once it is found, select the Transfer option.
- Wait for the Transfer to complete fully, and then select End to complete this process.
Note this will entirely remove the User and Save Data from the Source Console. If there are no more existing users on the Source Console following the transfer, a placeholder account will be created.
You can also do this repeatedly, and move accounts as many times as you wish – even onto a console that you moved an account off of.
If you’re keeping the old Switch, you can of course also re-add your old Nintendo Account login to the device, as Nintendo Switch accounts can be used on multiple units at the same time. Well, sort of. You can’t play downloaded games on two consoles with the same login — so keep that in mind.
Link Source: Click Here