How to Trade Pokemon Between Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield
In most Pokemon games, you can trade both locally and online easily between both versions.
You must first get the Pokedex before you can trade.
How to do Local Trades in Pokemon Sword and Shield
To Trade Locally:
- Open the Y-Comm by pressing Y.
- To trade locally, both people who want to trade must choose Link Trade.
- Close the menu. You will then be connected automatically.
To trade locally with a specific person:
- Both trade partners must “Set Link Code” and put in the same code.
- Close the menu to be connected. Setting a code will often connect partners faster, but it isn’t necessary if there are only you and your trade partner are trading nearby
How to Connect Online and Trade in Pokemon Sword and Shield
To trade online:
Note: Online Trading requires a subscription to Nintendo Online.
- Press Y to open the Y-Comm menu.
- Press + while in the Y-Comm menu to connect Online.
- Choose “Start Trading” to be paired with a random person.
- Choose “Set Link Code” to connect with someone specific, who also must choose the same Link Code.
- Close the menu to be connected.
Surprise Trades is a unique type of trade that is a feature of the Y-Comm. Initiating a Surprise Trade initiates you to choose any Pokemon from any Box, and put it up for trade. If online, a random partner will be chosen, and the trade will occur – so you’ll end up with a random Pokemon. A surprise!
Surprise trades also work locally!
You need to close the menu to be connected, so initiate the Surprise trade and go about your business while a connection is made.
You can only trade with the Pokemon Home mobile app. There are 3 different types of trading you can do. When you launch the app select the Trade tab.
Then select one of the following:
- Wonder Box
- Global Trading System (GTS)
- Room Trade
- Friend Trade
Wonder Box lets you Wonder Trade, which functions similarly to Surprise Trade.
Put your Pokemon in the Wonder Box to trade them with people around the world even when you’re not using Pokemon Home. Remember, if you have the Premium subscription you can unlock 10 Wonder Boxes, instead of 3.
There’s no guarantee what you’ll get in exchange for your Pokemon, it’s all about the surprise!
Global Trading System (GTS)
With the GTS, you’ll be able to specify which Pokemon you want to trade and which Pokemon you want to receive (you pick the Pokemon, gender, level, and games) and then get matched with a Trainer whose requests meet your criteria.
Here you can also search for a specific Pokemon. You’ll even be able to request Pokemon you haven’t yet registered in Pokemon HOME’s National Pokedex yet.
Room trade is like wonder trading / surprise trading but with a group of up to 20 people. Those with the Premium Subscription can host these rooms while those with a free subscription can only join them.
You don’t know what Pokemon you’ll get until the trade is complete.
How to Add Friends
Tab over to where it says Your Room.
Here you can find your sharable friend code or a QR code so others can add you and you can add friends by entering their code or scanning their unique QR code.
They’ll need to accept your friend request and, once they do, they’ll appear on your friends list.
Once you’ve added Friends you can trade with friends directly.
Trading Tips and Things You Should Know
Here are some things you should know about trading in Pokemon:
- You will only be able to rename a traded Pokemon one time.
- If a Pokemon is overleveled when it’s traded to you, it may not listen to you until you earn enough Gym Badges.
- Pokemon that are traded to you earn bonus EXP!
Link Source: Click Here