Don’t like the animals you got? Sick of getting pears? If you’re not enjoying what you’re starting with in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you can completely wipe it out by restarting your island. This is easiest if you’re only just starting the game, but even if you’re not, this page will guide you through restarting ACNH progress.
Remember, once you restart your island, it cannot be undone.
When setting up your island for the first time, it’s important to keep these in mind:
- You cannot change your island name after it’s set. Whatever you enter will be the full island name. The world “island” is not added to what you type in.
- You cannot change your name or birthday.
- You’ll be stuck with your island layout for a long time, so make sure you have access to things you want (lakes, rivers, etc.) with whatever you pick. Your character can’t cross rivers or scale ledges (the lighter the color on the map, the higher it’s elevated) at first and the traversal tools that allow you to do so take a while to unlock.
- You can change your appearance and you’ll unlock more customization options later.
After you set up your island, you’ll arrive with two random animals (called villagers) who are also participants in the getaway package. There are several personality types across the different animals. You will always have a female uchi character (a “big sister” type) and a male jock. You can see the complete list of possible villagers here!
You will also have a fruit (you can lean more about all of them on this Fruit page) native to your island — there are pears, peaches, apples, cherries, and oranges. If you don’t like the villagers or your fruit you can reroll (or reset) them by immediately backing out of the game by closing the software completely after landing on your island.
Remember, if you choose to do this, you’re giving up your island layout. In addition to the new villagers, you’ll also have different default clothes and fruit when you reroll. Plus, you’ll need to go through all the starting questions again.
Once you’ve cleared your first tutorial day on the island an go to sleep, the game will save, and you’ll be locked in. After that, you cannot delete your island through any options in the game. You are able to remove other player accounts from your island from the title screen menu (excluding the Resident Representative, who cannot delete themselves.)
The only way to truly start again is to delete your save data to get a fresh start on a new island, which you can do by following these steps:
Warning: Make sure you really want to reset! You do not get to keep your character or anything they have made – you may want to consider trading belongings to a friend online first
- Enter System Settings from your Switch Home Menu.
- Scroll down to Data Management.
- Scroll down to the very bottom to Delete Save Data.
- Choose the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Save Data, and confirm you want to delete it.
After you have confirmed deletion of your save data, launch Animal Crossing: New Horizons again, and you’ll be brought back to the Check-In screen!
Link Source: Click Here