Bunny Day is an annual special event held in the Animal Crossing series, although each new release has changed the holiday slightly. Here’s how Bunny Day plays out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Zipper T. Bunny
Zipper is a new Special Character who will visit your island during the bunny day event.
Zipper is a funny character featuring a large zipper on his back, suggesting he is actually another character or villager wearing a bunny suit. Sarcastic and humorous dialogue lines often support this theory, with Zipper complaining about being hot in his suit in Pocket Camp.
Just like in Pocket Camp, Zipper is sensitive about his suit, claiming it’s rude to call it a costume and that it is, in fact, NOT a costume.
Zipper wears an askew visor and is generally larger in size than other villagers.
He is always watching you and is often seen jumping up and down in celebration but the second you leave the frame he breaks character and is overcome with exhaustion.
How Bunny Day Works
In the lead-up to the actual Bunny Day (April 12th), Zipper will appear on your island to inform you that he’s hidden eggs all over your island. They only appear outdoors, and can be found in a variety of ways that will require you to use tools or gather resources – where eggs can sometimes take the place of normal resources or objects.
Types of Bunny Day Eggs
There are 6 types of Bunny Day Eggs in all, and each of them are found using unique methods. They include the following:
- Leaf Eggs: A certain number of trees on your island will bear eggs instead of fruit, and you can shake the tree to earn 3 Leaf Eggs per tree.
- Sky Eggs: In addition to regular Balloon Presents that blow into the island, there will also be Egg Balloons that blow in at a much faster rate and speed. Hitting them with a Slingshot will either produce a Sky Egg, or a Bunny Day Recipe.
- Water Eggs: Look around the sea and rivers for medium-sized shadows in the water, that will have a chance of fishing up an egg instead of a normal fish.
- Stone Eggs: Using a shovel or axe, strike a stone multiple times for the chance for eggs to pop out instead of normal resources found from striking stones.
- Wood Eggs: Using any type of axe (preferably a stone one so you don’t cut it down), chop any tree – including palm trees – for a chance at getting eggs to come out instead of the normal types of wood.
- Earth Eggs: These eggs will be mixed in with fossils in the ground, sporting the same crack in the ground, and will be buried randomly over your island each day.
Once the actual Bunny Day finally arrives, you will find Zipper T. Bunny back in town, residing at the Plaza, while all of your villagers will be wearing festive egg clothing for the entire day.
Zipper will have several new tasks and rewards for you that only occur on this day – and has a few new features to help you collect even more eggs.
You’ll get one more recipe for speaking with him – the Bunny Day Arch – which is part of the requirement for crafting all Bunny Day DIY Recipes in order to get a special reward. Note that Zipper will mention that if you found out how to make clothing from Bunny Day eggs, he won’t need you to craft them in order to get his reward.
You also do not have to place the crafted Bunny Day Items on the ground or in your home to qualify – just crafting the item and getting the check mark in your DIY app is enough.
To help you out with the last bit of crafting, he’ll also give you 1 type of any egg in exchange for 3 of another egg type. You can do this as much as you want, which can be helpful if you’ve been stockpiling certain types.
After crafting all applicable Bunny Day DIY projects (look for the full list in the links below), Zipper T. Bunny will have one final challenge, crafting yet another recipe for the Wobbling Zipper Toy, which requires 4 of each egg.
Craft this recipe by trading for eggs or gathering more on your island, and then return for your real reward – a Bunny Day Wand Recipe.
As an added bonus, you can turn in 1 of each type of egg to Zipper to get a free Bunny Day Basket item, and you can turn in as many as you want to get more baskets.
The springtime brings new seasonal DIY recipes. You can find the full lists in the pages below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons – All Bunny Day DIY Recipes
Link Source: Click Here