Belongings is a Point & Click Adventure about cleaning out the belongings of your late spouse.
You can play the Alpha version for Windows. I also uploaded Mac and Linux versions, but I didn’t test it myself because I don’t have Mac and Linux computer.
• Interact plenty of objects. Seek out associated memories and see how Jennifer feels.
• Clean out belongings, feel emptiness. As the game progresses, more furniture is moved out and more memories fade.
• Simple and beautiful pixel-art. It’s easy on your eyes.
• You can clean out her belongings in any order what you like. In Alpha version, you can clean out only 9 belongings. So it doesn’t work fully for now.
• Quick and responsive movement. And no slow turning animation.
• A few sound effects are made by SC-8820 mode of Roland Sound Canvas VA and Bfxr. Yeah!!!
(Trivia 0: The progression system was inspired by Super Mario 64 and Hexen: Beyond Heretic.)
You play as Jennifer Scott, who has lost her spouse Marion. One and half years after Marions death, Jennifer is finally moving on to step into a new life, so she decided to sort out Marion’s belongings. But her associated memories are intense, hard to confront. Jennifer must fight own memories…
She is Jennifer Scott. The protagonist, a stylist.
And she is Marion Penegraves, now deceased. She was a competitive chess player.
This is Alpha version, so you can not find all the stories for now. (Sorry!) And the story and dialog will be changed/polished in the full release version.
(Trivia 1: Jennifer and Marion aren’t lesbian or homosexual. Jennifer is bisexual, Marion was pansexual.)
You can choose between English and Japanese. Change it under the Options.
(Trivia 2: I am bilingual. So I wrote dialog in both languages by myself, and getting assistance polishing the English!)
• SFX volume control doesn’t work
• Controller aren’t supported
• Sparse options menu
• Typos and unnatural English and Japanese
• Unpolished dialog and story
… And more to be discovered.
• I’m planning to launch Belonging in June 2020 and sell the full version on itch.io, Steam and GOG, I’d like to release on iOS and Android, but probably later than PC version.
• Also it’ll to be sold for around $11
• I’m not looking for a publisher and new position, sorry.
•I don’t raise the funds on Crowdfunding because I can’t promise to prepare and send the rewards for backers. However, you can donate here if you like Belongings!
Do you like the concept? You’d like to complain about a game system? Or you found a bug? Write a comment below!
Now you can only donate by cash on itch.io, however if you want to use Paypal, donate to [email protected] on the Paypal website.
email: [email protected]
!Be careful! I often post about some violence video games on those SNS.
(C) 2019 Rectangle Eyes All rights reserved
Link Source: Click Here